Tuesday, May 18, 2010

minerva

and if you've been successful so far,
how much further do you expect it to go?
and if it's been nothing but roses so far
how much luckier do you think yr gonna get?
so go ahead - blow out the candles on the cake
select a series of stars to determine yr day,
it's not a question of faith
it's more the things that we love and we hate
have a funny way of sealing our fate

oh miverva -hold me in yr hands
oh miverva, tell me how wrong i am

and i've been sick with sin
and i don't do well without my vitamins
and if i'm not letting you in
there's nothing worth fighting for that i'm gonna win
so go ahead - show me the error of my ways
let us bear the slings and arrows against the cold malaise
it's like you told me before
not every window's a door
but thru the eyes of god we can see so much more

minerva

& it's been enlightening with you back in my skies
& my midnight's brightening as out clocks synchronize
yr in my head -so i release you with an axe
which is a far beter fate than the questions i would ask
it's not an issue of trust, it's just i miss you so muich
i don't know any more if i can look & not touch.



No comments: