Tuesday, May 18, 2010

moonshine

the last time we did anything good
we drank moonshine
on the hood of my car
I was snowblind
but i thought I could see
the answers I saught
sitting right in front of me
so we made out in the taxi
and made our way back to the lab
we sized eachother up
and in the dark we took a stab

but I can't see you for the moonshine
and I can't see you for the moonshine
the light it never leaves you in the moon-shine
and I can all but see you for the moon

the last time I saw you at all
it was through a reinforced plexiglass door
at the psych wing of the hosptal
and the very next day - they drove you away
and they say
that these kind of things get better with time
is it true? are you better?
cuz I'm doing fine
I'll write you a letter

(moonshine chorus)

the lasting impression I get
is of a beesting on your lower lip
I'm not singing this meaning this to be mean
just cleaning out th old latrine
and I know
I'll see you in the dreamscape
selling secrets and grace
with the word forgiven
written in your face

No comments: